Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Welcome to Blogger, Asimov

Rather than sneaking into Kathy's daughter's account or Kathy's account, I decided it was about time I scoped out my own space on this thing called the World Wide Web. Thus, I have made myself an email account (actually, with Kathy's help) and a google account so I can get my own name on my entries. So Kathy made me an official author.

This google account is another example of the funniness of humans. As it turns out, you are not supposed to have such an account unless you are thirteen-years-old. With a hatching date in 1998, I don't quite make the mark at eleven-years-old. So, eliminate the year and, voila!, I am suddenly qualified. (Just think what they would say if they found out I supposedly only have the intelligence of a three-year-old. Another misconception of scientists, obviously!)

In other news, there are events afoot at the Funny Farm involving the energetic and enthusiastic Amos, our resident Border Collie. Yesterday, Kathy took him to herding lessons. Together, they are learning how to herd sheep and goats. I don't get to go watch, but rumor has it that Amos doesn't really need to be taught this as it's all rather natural and instinctive to him. So in reality, Kathy is the one getting trained on all the amazing things that Border Collies can actually do. Amos says she's picking it up pretty quickly, and he's rather proud of her when they go to these lessons. We don't know that Kathy is particularly bright, but she tries hard to do things that are good for us, and that's one reason we love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment