Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Funny Farm Introduction

They're coming to take me away, ha ha,
They're coming to take me away ho ho, he he, ha ha
To the Funny Farm
where life is beautiful all the time...
-Napolean XIV


You wish, right? I mean, you wish you were getting taken to the Funny Farm. Hmm, given that Funny Farm is another phrase for "looney bin" or "madhouse," we ought to clarify that you want to be taken to the GEE Funny Farm. If you were so privileged, you would get to meet Isaac and his handsome, charming, and clever cage-mate, Asimov. You guessed it! I am the debonair fellow who answers to that name.

I have, in fact, resided the longest at the GEE Funny Farm. Back before it was located in Mukwonago, Wisconsin, David gave Kathy moi as a Valentine's Day gift (almost makes you want to puke, right?). All right, I was preceded in Kathy's life by many varieties of dogs, cats, ferrets, and even a raccoon, but I am the best-looking and smartest critter she ever got the privilege of calling her own. (Researchers disagree. They think African Greys are smarter, but who are scientists to decide these things anyway.)

Who am I, exactly? I am an Umbrella Cockatoo. I live in a cage with Isaac the African Grey parrrot. Our closest neighbors are the Prairie Dogs, named Shadrach and Meshach, and the rabbit, Boaz. Slinking among us is the Bengal Cat, Kipling, and bounding around upstairs are the dogs, Amos and Pepper. And I haven't even mentioned all the outdoor animals.

Oh, shoot, Kathy's coming. She'd wanted to start this whole blog thing herself, but I thought I could give the best introduction. More later. Gotta go...

No comments:

Post a Comment